Tuesday 30 September 2008

Not A Lot......

to show for the last couple of days really. I started the Ozark motif, as planned, on Monday night but struggled to get a flow going so it didn't get finished. Maybe tonight????

Tuesday night was UFO Night again, so For Amanda came out to play. Boy, is it nerve wracking going back to cut a piece that you've already had one monumental cock up on! Took me a bit to get up the courage to do it, then it went ultra slowly - almost ended up oxygen starved due to holding my breath each time....... not that my brain notices the difference these days. LMAO The bar wrapping went much easier and this is how the heart looks now:




I didn't do any infilling stitches in the end - I decided I would wait until after all the beading is completed, see what it looks like and how many beads are left and take it from there. No beadwork attempted last night as I was too tired to concentrate - I opted for an early night instead. Hopefully the Tacky Bob will get an outing next week....... it's been a while since I've done any beading, so it will make a nice change.

I've stalled on the finishing of one of the ornies today. Well, actually, that barely got started - I cut out a couple of rectangles of card then decided I wasn't in the right mood for it and put it all away again. I seem to have lost my motivation somewhere along the way this week. As my Mum used to say: I need putting in a bag and shaking up. :0)

Something I did manage to do today was putting up the new bird feeder in the garden. There's nothing hanging off the hooks yet (need to go shopping for something suitable) but there are four fat balls in the lantern bit at the top and some water in the dish. It hasn't taken long for three of this years starling broods to discover those fat balls and start squabbling over them but, surprisingly, the ram-raiding sparrows have been much more cautious, preferring to suss things out from the top of the back fence while someone else makes the first move. Going by what I've seen before though, it won't take them long to start diving in there. LOL

DS has had two reasonably good dress rehearsals this week and is feeling a bit happier about the performances to come. Good job, as they start from tonight. He's working during the day and performing in the evening so he's going to be living on adrenalin for most of the time. Fingers crossed all goes OK.

DH announced last night that he has to go off to Italy again next week for a few days and possibly for a few days the following week as well. Good job we didn't book the week in Thwaite, as we had planned to do, or it would have had to be cancelled. Am hoping we can still manage to go off for a long weekend together somewhere before the end of November - perhaps to Hope or Castleton in Derbyshire instead, as it's not that far to travel. It's worth travelling further for a week but not a weekend at this end of the year, what with the weather and the darker nights.

Thanks to Angela the book The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time will be off on the start of its Book Crossing travels soon. (Angela: it's all packaged up ready to go, am just waiting for when DH can pop it to the PO for me). Can't wait to see where this one ends up. :0)

Sally: the LNS is called The Sewing Shop (I think) and is towards the top end of Ashby High Street. Can't say I've spotted any cross stitch items lately but it's got a reasonable amount of finishing items - well packed for such a small place. :0)

Time for me to be off if I'm going to have chance to do some blog reading and get some stitching done tonight.

Thank you to all who visit and for all the lovely comments. Big wave to any newbies - please say Hi....... I don't bite. :0)

4 comments:

Christine said...

The Hardanger motif looks lovely as it is, I'm not sure I'd add anything further to it.
You have to be in the right mood to do "finishing", I think

Sally said...

Wow For Amanda is stunning Karan. I'd be holding my breath too if I was doing the cutting!

I will remember the shop just incase we get through again. It's years since we've been into Ashby. We usually just pop into Scunthorpe itself. It was the fabric you got that caught my eye.

Julie said...

WTG on the heart, it looks stunning.
Hope all went well on 1st night for DS.

Stitchingranny said...

Wow I love this one Karan, it really looks pretty. Well done on the cutting and hope you breathing again ok now.