Sunday 29 March 2009

Reveal Day - March

It's Monthly Challenge Reveal Day for March over at JA/S&S Forum today and the album is full of lovely pieces again. This month's choice was any one of the freebies from The Work Basket and it seems to have been really popular, with 17 members taking part (so far?) - it really is a feast for the eyes with all the different choices in designs, colours and finishes. :0)

So I can now show you what I chose, stitched and finished this time around:


Design: Quaker Hedgehog
Designer: The Work Basket, internet freebie
Fabric: Polstitches 28ct, Mummies Curse
Thread: Carrie's Creation Sneezy, Ltd Ed from Jayne's Attic Panto Pack
Finish: Pillow Pincushion

This is my first Quaker piece though it certainly won't be my last - they are quite addictive! It also tickled my sense of humour to turn this spikey little fella into a pincushion. LOL Here's a pic showing the backing fabric I used:



Not quite sure where I got the fabric from - possibly an eBay buy, but really can't remember - and was so glad when I realised how perfect it was for this piece. Makes a change from never having quite what's needed! This was a thoroughly enjoyable piece to do and now I'm looking forward to seeing what Karen has in store for us for April's Challenge. :0)

That was my last decent sized piece of the Pol's Mummies Curse I'd got, though there's enough small pieces left to make a couple of floss tags at some point. Such a shame that this isn't being produced any more, as it was one of my favourite colours. Anyone know of a good alternative for this, please?

Right, time for me to go do the finishing on the Challenge for a Finish piece - fingers crossed, I may just scrape in by the skin of my teeth with this one! Am definitely in a finishing mood today as the Monthly Christmas Ornie piece was completed earlier....... will show you that another time. I also want to go have a nosey at blogs to see everyone else's Challenge finishes again. :0)

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and for the kind comments - you make my day. :0)

12 comments:

Julie said...

Super finish Karan.

I handsew all my smalls, you can follow the holes of the weave in the fabric better whereas its so easy to get it wonky with the sewing machine (i am never happy with that), and its quicker - you have to thread up the machine and then sew up the hole when you turn it right side out.

Jane said...

Fabric was perfect, love the thread you used. It's a lovely colour

Christine said...

Lovely pincushion Karan, seems like the perfect finish for him doesn't it? It certainly seems to have been a popular challenge this month

Lynn said...

I love the design and finish of this one Karan, the colour is just right, well done.

Stitchabilities said...

Great finish Karan.!

Clare-Aimetu said...

Super work Karan, lovely finish, I love that fabric :)

Mylene said...

Beautiful pincushion finish, Karan. I love the colour you had chosen for this one.

Stitchingranny said...

Love the little hedgehog pillow. I have this one in my stash somewhere and hope to stitch it one day lol.

Karen said...

lovely finish Karan

Elisa said...

Lovely finish Karan...I toyed on doing this design, I think I may end up stitching my way through the lot eventually!!

Sally said...

Beautiful finish Karan. I didn't know Mummies Curse had been discontinued. Hope you find a suitable alternative.

Night Watchman is looking fantastic. I see a finish before long!

Andrea said...

A great finish. The fabric matches so perfectly.