Thursday 23 October 2008

Winter Already?

It certainly feels like it, judging by the weather outside today and the snowmen that keep appearing in my blog posts. LOL

I had to go outside and retrieve my recycling bins from the front earlier, the first time I've been dressed and gone outside since Sunday, and I didn't hang around for long out there, I can tell you - it's cold, drizzly and blustery. Definitely the kind of day that makes me glad we've got the central heating on....... and if this is a taste of things to come I hope Damart send me a catalogue this year! LOL

As for those snowmen, here's an update of where I got to after last night's stitching:


Not only have a pair of arms and mittens plus a snowflake appeared, but also the next wording block. Yes, it's official - my mojo is back. Yay! :0)

As it's been a while since you saw the first little fella I thought I'd do a pic of the whole bellpull, so you can see the overall look of the piece so far:


Next up is the Be loved snowman but that will have to wait for another time, as it's Sea Stars SAL night tonight.

Thank goodness for stitching, computing and reading at the minute: I'm feeling recovered enough to want to do things again but if I'm on my feet for more than five minutes at a time I start going as wobbly as a new born lamb. It's a blessing my three favourite activities can be done sat down, and that they keep my mind nicely occupied, because otherwise I'd be going stir crazy with boredom right now. LOL

Whilst starting some of my blog reading yesterday I discovered I had won Lisa's draw for her Just Nan Boo! chart. Wow! I am so chuffed to bits that if I had the energy I'd be HD'ing to my bellydancing CD's right now. :0) I'll admit now that I was so tempted by this design on the Sew and So website that it has been in and out of my basket so often it must have got dizzy. I kept on putting it back because, much as I admired this made up (and Lisa has done hers beautifully) I didn't know what I would do with the tin, cute as it is......... but I did so want to stitch the piece as an ornie instead. Thank you so much for giving me the chance to fulfil this wish Lisa. :0)

Many thanks for all the well wishes, they are very much appreciated. Hope all those who have also had their own dose of the lergy are also starting to feel much better too (((((hugs))))). :0)

7 comments:

Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Hi Karan... Lovely to meet you! I had a wonderful time wandering around your blog. Lots of lovely stitching, finishes and photos... Your snowfolk bellpull is precious... It's going to be lovely when it's finished! And your Mother Earth is breathtaking! I can't wait to see more... :-)

Hope you are feeling better...

Blessings and Hugs...

Stitchingranny said...

Oh they are both so adorable - even if you do hate the chart lol.

Glad you are feeling better though the thoughts of you looking like a new born lamb are boggling my imagination somewhat.

Jane said...

Glad you are feeling well enough to be stitching again. These are cute little fellows to get you going again, they are lovely

Sally said...

I'm just catching up again, Karan, and am so sorry to hear you've been ill. I do hope you are much improved today and will soon be 100%.

The snowman bellpull is gorgeous. You seem to be stitching it up so quickly.

Congratulations on winning Lisa's draw!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Glad you're feeling up to stitching and computing!

Those snowmen are cute!

Julie said...

Your snowman looks great, i;m pleased your on the mend and feeling in the mood to do stuff.

Damart LOL, thermal knickers i guess you'll be ordering and maybe the odd vest!!! (my late MIL was a big fan of theirs)

Mylene said...

Your snowman bellpull is looking great, Karan.

Hope you are fully recovered by now.
(sorry, it seems i am always behind with my blog reading)